St. Paul's Lutheran School is currently seeking a 32 hour 8th grade homeroom and Mathematics Teacher. Interested candidates should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Below is the job description:
Position: Middle School 8th grade Homeroom and 6th to 8th grade Math
1. Valid Maryland State Teacher Certification
2. Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree with major or minor in mathematics
JOB GOAL: To help each pupil develop competence in their mathematical skills and
an understanding of the structure of mathematics; to motivate each pupil to apply
mathematical understanding and skills in the solution of practical problems; to encourage
pupils to develop their special talents in the field of mathematics.
1. Teaches courses in mathematics to middle school students, utilizing the appropriate curriculum publications as guidelines in teaching individual course content.
2. Develops lesson plans and appropriate instructional aids stressing “discovery” and laboratory learning methods..
3. Demonstrates mathematical concepts using models, other available technology methods and other standard or teacher-prepared instructional aids.
4. Provides opportunities when needed for individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
5. Designs learning activities that will relate mathematics to the physical world.
6. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
7. Evaluates each pupil’s progress in mathematical knowledge and skills. 8
8. Selects and requisitions books an instructional aids, and instructional supplies and maintains required inventory records.
9. Communicates with parents to discuss the individual pupil’s progress.
10. Identifies students needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in helping them solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
11. Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned work day.
12. Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
13. Shares in the sponsorship of student activities such as mathematic teams and participates in faculty committees.
14. Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district, and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
15. Performs other duties as many, from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Length of contract to be determined by Supervisor.
- Responsible for: Students and parents
- Responsible to: Principal and ultimately the Voting Membership of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church
- Works closely with: Principal, and teachers, and Counselor.