School Uniform Information
No specific uniform is required for children in the Early Childhood program. Please check out the Early Childhood Uniform Information page for some helpful guidelines.
St. Paul's Lutheran School has adopted the policy that students in grades K-8 will wear a specific uniform to school so that the learning environment can better be viewed by students and parents as a setting where students are committed to giving their best effort to reach their fullest potential. St. Paul's feels that school, in some ways, should mirror a future work place. Appropriate dress, which is often defined in terms of a uniform, is part of the work place environment. The policy of uniforms is also intended to help the educators spend more time teaching and nurturing rather than making decisions about whether clothing meets a certain dress code. In summary, the purpose of uniforms is to enhance the educational environment of the students.
Grades K through 8 are required to purchase all uniforms from Flynn O'Hara. Only items approved by St. Paul's may be purchased.
- Length of all shorts, skirts, and skorts must be no more than 4 inches above the knee for students in grades 4 through 8. The length for students in grades in K-3 is expected to be reasonable and not too short. (includes PE uniform shorts)
- Shoes must be tennis shoes and must be 90% white or 90% black or black and white. (No Novelty Shoes-i.e. lights, etc.) Shoes must be tied securely.
- St. Paul's sweatshirts and polo shirts made available for sale are considered part of the accepted uniform. No T-shirts are allowed.
- Black or Brown belts must be worn on garments that have belt loops.
- All blouses and shirts must be tucked in.
- Socks must be white, black, navy or beige and must cover the ankle.
- Girl's tights must be white, black or navy.
For more information on School Uniforms for Grades K-5 and Grades 6-8 please check out the Elementary and Middle School Uniform Information pages.