CHRISTIAN EDUCATION FOR ALL AGES!
- Family Worship Saturday @ 5:00 pm, Sundays at 8:00 and 10:30 am
- Kid’s Sunday School: Begins in the Center of the Pod with Songs and Stories before break outs into classes. Begin with Miss Liz @ 9:15 am
- Middle School: Upstairs in the Educ. Wing Room #209 with DCEi Joseph @ 9:15 am on Sunday
- High School: Resource Center @9:15am on Sunday
- Two Adult Bible Classes: 1) Band Room led by Brent Bejot and Katie McDowell; 2) Friendship Hall with Pastor Mark @ 9:15 am on Sunday (Note: A Staffed Nursery Available is now available each Sunday 8:00 – Noon)
- LifeLight Bible Study: Mondays @ 7:00 pm starting in the Sanctuary
- Wednesday Bible Classes @ 11:00 am and 7:00 pm in the Resource Room by the Welcome Center
IT BEGINS THIS WEEK! – “THE STORY”
- Read Chapter 1 “Beginnings” – in the Adult, Youth or Children’s Book!
- Join a “Small Group” to explore and dig deeper
- Hear Pastor Mark next Weekend as he wraps up each chapter in His message
“It is Your Story, It is My Story, It is GOD’S STORY!”
“THE STORY” SMALL GROUPS:
- Tuesdays (starting Oct 9) 10:00 a.m. Knit and Discuss “The Story” in the Resource Room (Ann Zimmerman)
- Tuesdays (starting Oct 9) 12:15 p.m. Confirmation Youth in Rm # 209 (Joseph/Pastor Mark)
- Wednesdays (starting Oct 10) Adults 11:00 a.m. or 7:00 p.m. in the Resource Room (Joseph/Pastor Mark)
- Thursdays (starting Oct 11) 7:00 p.m. Adults at the Home of Jim Zaloudek (Jim Z)
- Sundays (starting Oct 14) 9:15 a.m. Parents in Band Room (Brent Bejot)
- Sundays (starting Oct 14) 9:15 a.m. Adults in Fellowship Hall (Kris Schudde)
- Sundays (starting Oct 14) 9:15 a.m. Jr High Youth in Room #209 (Joseph/Pastor Mark)
- Sundays (starting Oct 14) 5:00 p.m. in the Youth House for High Schoolers (Joseph)
WE LOVE FAMILIES
NURSERY - Staffed from 8-12 AM every Sunday in room 137 for ages 5 and under
SUNDAY SCHOOL - Check-in in the Media Center Pod at 9:15-10:15 AM for preschool (age 3) - 6th grade
CHILDREN'S CHURCH - During 10:30 AM service for all ages. Younger will split from older for age-appropriate lessons/activities.
ST. PAUL’S ANNUAL TRUNK OR TREAT
Join us for our annual Trunk or Treat. It will take place in the school parking lot October 27th at 12-3pm. There will be trunk contest, costume contest, trick or treating, vendors, food, games, and much more. Contact Jenny Forsythe for more information at email@example.com
DCEI JOSEPH ANNOUNCING…
- Young Adults: Every Thursday @ 6-8pm
- Sr. High Youth: Every Sundays @ 5-7pm
- Middle School (6th-8th): 1st and 3rd Fridays @ 7-9pm
ELECTRIC SIGN GARDEN
Did you notice the garden that has been planted around the electric sign at the front of the Church? This all started with Gretchen Michaels being able to get a $250 grant to use towards the garden project and then the extreme generosity of Home Depot in Pasadena not only giving us free delivery but all of the supplies at almost half price!! The garden couldn’t have been created without the wonderful volunteers that came together to make the garden a reality. There were also enough supplies and liriope to plant and mulch around the big tree out front behind the sign. Thanks again to everyone—Beverly Duvall, Garden Ministry
Come celebrate LWML Sunday here at St. Paul's on October 14th and 15th. Based upon Psalm 62:1–8,--“Our Rest in a Changing World.” Since 1942, the LWML has affirmed each woman’s identity as a child of God and her relationship with Jesus Christ, encouraging and equipping Christian women to live out their lives in active mission ministries, and to support missions around the world through their sacrificial gifts of mites, tithes, offerings, and tireless service. There will be a luncheon and meeting following the Sunday 10:30 service. All women are invited to attend. For more information, please contact Ann Zimmerman 443-690-0432 (talk or text), firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPIRITED SENIORS NEWS
The Spirited Seniors monthly meeting will be held on Thursday, October 11, 2018. Pew maintenance will be done at 11:30 a.m., lunch at noon and meeting at 1:00 p.m. All are welcome to attend. Question? Contact Mary Williams at 410-987-4032.
HELP AT LUTHERAN MISSION SOCIETY
Helping hands are always needed to sort clothing at the Lutheran Mission Society. Sorting is done every 2nd and 4th Monday of each month from 9:00 a.m. to approximately noon at the LMS facility located at 60l Hammonds Lane in Brooklyn Park, MD. Members of St. Paul’s volunteer regularly and welcome anyone with free time to come join them. Questions? Contact Dolores Baumann at 410-439-9756 or call the LMS office at 410-636-0123.
HOLIDAY GRIEF WORKSHOP
Do you struggle with difficult emotions surrounding grief and loss during the holidays? If so, the Compassionate Grace Counseling Center is offering a supportive and educational two-hour: Holiday Grief Workshop on Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018 at 12:00PM – 2:00PM. Located at 601 Hammonds Lane, Brooklyn Park, MD 21225. Presenters will include a certified grief counselor/therapist. Light refreshments will be served.
Cost for the workshop is $10 per person. Space is limited so please RSVP as soon as possible to Teresa Musick at (410) 636-0123 or email@example.com. The holidays can be tough for many of us, so join us and together we can make this season a touch more tolerable.
NCEON FOOD WISHLIST
NCEON does not accept expired food items as it places our clients at risk. Dented cans are also not accepted. Good items must not be previously opened. NCEON can’t accept any type of medicine. NCEON is blessed to have frequent donations of breads and baked goods from several very supportive grocery stores and warehouse stores. Here is a list of items and supplies that are needed:
- Boxed macaroni and cheese
- Spaghetti sauce
- Boxed stuffing mix
- Boxed rice and noodles
- Instant potatoes
- Canned meat (tuna, chicken or turkey, spam, ham)
- Condensed milk, dry milk, box milk
- Gravy and broth
- Canned vegetables (corn, peas, carrots, green beans, red, white and black beans, mixed vegetables)
- Canned soup and canned fruit
- Canned pasta (spaghetti, ravioli)
- Sloppy joe sauce
- Low on Pork and beans
- Low on jelly