Confirmation is a lifelong discipleship process which helps the youth confirm their desire to more deeply identify with Christ Jesus, the Christian community, and its mission.
Jr. Confirmation instruction is for youth in 7th and 8th grade. The weekly classes are offered to our youth on Sundays, or to our St. Paul’s School youth during the week for religion class.
The purpose is to help the youth take personal ownership of their faith! To do this they study topics such as:
- Who is God, and the three persons of the Trinity
- What does God expect of me according to the 10 Commandments
- What makes God’s gifts of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper so special
- What is the Power of Prayer
- How has God gifted me in a unique way for serving in His Church and living in His World
- What does it truly mean to be forgiven, and to forgive others
The celebration of Confirmation takes place in the month of April or May following two years of instruction.
For more info please contact:
Pastor Mark Schudde: email@example.com
DCE Intern Joseph Hope-Hull: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reading Guide Forms